Welcome to use our Electronic Trading Services. You must read and understand the Client Agreement, Risk Disclosure Statements (Supplementary), Client Data Policy and all related information about the Electronic Trading Services before proceeding. For immediate assistance, please contact our eTrade Hotline (852) 2135 0228.
01. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of a security may move up or down, and may become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities.
02. Internet or any other electronic means are, due to unpredictable traffic congestion and other reasons, an inherently unreliable medium of communication and that such unreliability is beyond the control of Oriental Patron. As a result of such unreliability, there may be delays in the transmission and receipt of instructions or other information (e.g. canceling or changing your original instructions), delays in execution or execution of your instructions at prices different from those prevailing at the time your instructions were given, transmission interruption or break down and/or for some reason Oriental Patron may not be able to act on your instructions at all. If you subsequently give instructions canceling or changing your original instructions, Oriental Patron will not accept them if it has already acted on your original instruction or there is insufficient time to act on your subsequent instruction. You should therefore give instructions in good time before the closes of the market.
03. Information and data provided through the electronic trading services relating to securities and the securities markets has been obtained from securities exchanges and markets and from other third party service providers. Owing to market volatility, possible delay in data transmission process and other reasons, the information and data may not be accurate, complete, timely and in correct sequence. Thus any reliance on such information and data may lead to incorrect investment decisions and/or other actions.
04. The access, communication and conducting transactions over the internet or other electronic means or facilities involve the use of public networks and represent an attractive target for attacks by intruders. Should intruders infiltrate the electronic trading system of Oriental Patron and obtain sensitive data and information or create bugs or virus which sabotage its functionally, the electronic trading system (including your account) may be damaged. While various steps and procedures (e.g. the use of login password, cryptography, firewalls) has been taken and/or implemented by Oriental Patron to protect unauthorized access to electronic trading system and your account, there can be no assurance that such steps and procedures can prevent or respond to all forms of attacks in a timely or effective manner.
05. Prior to trading renminbi-denominated securities, client must prepare sufficient renminbi in the securities trading account to settle the transaction. Otherwise, OPSL shall have the right, acting in good faith and without prior notice to you, to convert the Hong Kong Dollar or other currency in your securities trading account into renminbi to cover the shortfall.
06. The real time quotes and the prices of the listed renminbi-denominated securities will be shown in renminbi in your eTrade Account’s interface. Although you may have renminbi and/or listed renminbi-denominated securities in your eTrade Account, your should note that your cash balance, market value and net asset value of your portfolio etc. will only be shown and translated in Hong Kong Dollar in your eTrade Account’s interface for the time being. In the event of discrepancies between the cash balance and the value of your portfolio shown in your Account statement and such information as shown in your eTrade Account’s interface, the information shown in your Account Statement shall prevail.
07. You agree that Oriental Patron shall be not be liable for any loss you may suffer as a result of using or attempting to use the Electronic Trading Services. You further undertakes to indemnify Oriental Patron in full for any loss or damage Oriental Patron may suffer as a result of the use of the Electronic Trading Services, save for damages caused by willful default on Oriental Patron's part.
08. You agree that you have read, understood and accepted all the terms and conditions in respect of your use of the Electronic Trading Services.